Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-21-2023, 02:57 PM   #33
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
The article you posted is about a quarter of a century old. Maybe you could listen to 8 track tapes from your high school social studies classes to pass the time away until valentines day. It'll keep that mind of yours occupied

I think 46 even pre dates 8 track tapes in his HS years, didn't they come out in the late 60's? I think a lot of times he fails to realize how dated his knowledge is. If he was a foot doctor as some have claimed I am sure he studied plenty of medical topics 50+ years ago of which he never updated his knowledge.

The big changes to me is in the area of mental issues, when I was a kid 50+ years ago it was only thought that boxers could end up with permanent brain damage from getting hit in the head, now they know in some people a soccer or volley ball can cause a concussion and with repetition possible permanent damage. I keep abreast of new knowledge in that area because I have had too many concussions to count. I have learned everyone is different as how much they can take so far I look like I am the hard headed type.

Another thing having a psychopath for a nephew, I did a lot of study of genetic mental issues, a lot has been learned in that area, every other kid was not drugged 50 years ago. What I did learn is there was no fixing my nephew, he had every drug and counseling under the sun. I think over medicating kids causes problems.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)