Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-21-2023, 08:26 AM   #38
romankoz

One: list the horses at 4/1 or less in races where the class of race is good (subjective but experience sorts this out quite quickly most times)
Two: delete the get back early types unless they are top class
Three: must have distance AND track conditions ability as close to this class as possible.
Four: must be either trained by a competent trainer (I have a list) OR be ridden by a top class jockey (another list).
Five: delete horses who have had too many career starts (subjective number but mid 30's is about the number)
Six: delete horses with low strike rates in sprint races (subjective) and in distance races go through their career and find the distance runs and judge from there re low strike rate
Seven: judge value of available odds

I have a list of viable contenders in almost no time that are favs or 2nd favs

If fav or 2nd fav look suspect based on One to Five above look at outsiders (some races 10/1 12/1: others want 20/1 plus). I look for characteristics I have noted have helped roughies win in the past.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)