Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 11:41 AM   #30
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
It looks like Beyer had the early dirt races 23 points fast and then assigned a fast 20 for the Swiss Skydiver race. Don't hold me to that, but that's what it looks like based on the data I have. The 101 fit well with his figures going into the race. So I guess you could say "perhaps" the figure should have been 98 instead of 101. I'm not sure that makes a huge difference in what people would have thought of her.
Here’s Two of the problems I see with speed figures. First is class, second is how the number relates to other races. I could care less if you break 100 vs horses your supposed to beat . Of course, it appears fast , you had your way around the strip. You get in there vs a horse like Monomoy Girl , 14 wins 17 starts, multiple grade 1 wins over a course of years. There are no “breathers” and there can be not one flaw.... a horse like that can give a crap about numbers..... she’s gonna run fast, most likely she’s gonna run the close to perfect race . She just ran into a mature horse that’s dead game right now and ran the perfect race. Those numbers don’t factor enough to the level of competition IMO. That’s where the money is. It’s no secret any goomba can read the highest fig. Swiss will never beat those two this year unless they regress or she gets better. I don’t care if she gets a 115 the next time she beats the usual tomato can field.

Last edited by burnsy; 04-18-2021 at 11:44 AM.
burnsy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)