Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-29-2024, 07:42 AM   #10
Candybag

Fact: Racing is boring. Do people really look like they are having fun at the racetrack? Where are the women?

My wife would not go to a racetrack if racing had zero takeout. It is boring. The websites show people laughing and having fun, where are these people located at the racetrack? Girls just want to have fun.

I have traveled to many different racetracks the last two years. I make it a point to look around. I do not see people having fun.

However, at Keeneland, Saratoga and Tampa Bay, I do see people having fun. The people better be having fun as all three locations charge admission. Is Keeneland a racetrack with massive tailgating in the parking lot or a massive tailgating party that happens to have a racetrack?

At Keeneland and Saratoga, your computer better be on their website 15 minutes ahead of the opening of ticket sales (two months in advance of the actual meet) or you may not get a reserved table for the entire meet. Been there done that.

My wife and I went to Niagra Falls last year, Canadian side of course. Every sales receipt had two sales taxes of a high amount. Some kind of health care tax, I guess. Yet, Niagra Falls was packed with two takeouts (sales taxes.) People will (over)pay for entertainment.

The serious horse player wants a better break, wagering wise. Got it. The public who does not come to the track wants entertained. You cannot find fun at the racetrack with a 15-minute Steward's Inquiry.

Racing needs both the serious players and the $30 dollar a day casual bettor who wants fun. Targeting each group is not a one size fits all approach, the targeting requires different concepts. And it requires work.

I would put a woman in charge of the racetrack marketing. Question to the marketing lady: Would you come to this track if you did not work here? Before answering, count the women in attendance first. Now tell me how you really think?
Candybag is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.