Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 05:26 AM   #10
MJC922

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg View Post
I have to agree with ranchwest. You have to roll your own running styles in order for them to be helpful. The Giles' book Extreme Pace Handicapping was mentioned in the Pace Ratings thread. It's a good place to start, but I will admit that some of his examples were confusing as to how he labeled the horses' styles. It reminded me a little of the first printing of Jim Bradshaw's Match Up book. The Hat might have known what he meant but there were too many times when it wasn't clear to me.
I'm computer generating the running style designations and try to address any issues as they arise. If anyone has feedback and points out something that doesn't make sense I'd appreciate it so I can follow up on it at some point. There are some things I do with regard to distance that others may not be doing and may think something is wrong but it's by design. I guess to each his own on running styles. There may be 'official' guidelines published somewhere but at the end of the day in some cases it may come down to what we want them to indicate to ourselves as individual handicappers. I'm sure there's still a bit of room for improvement remaining with mine, I've only made one or two tweaks since taking the first swag at it a couple of years ago.

Last edited by MJC922; 03-20-2024 at 05:41 AM.
MJC922 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)