Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 07:31 PM   #11
banacek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrake
You should take a minute and check out ebay and see what they are selling for. There is one for Seattle Slew, all three race tickets, framed going for 3100. Secretariat's Belmont ticket with program, 1800.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...winning+ticket
I have all 3 slew tickets..and I also have a program and uncashed Belmont ticket of Secretariat - as well as a admission ticket to Secretariat's Preakness (got that 40+ years ago when I belonged to the Sport of Kings Club - anyone remember that?) and an uncashed $5 win ticket from Secretariat's last race.

The prices these guys are asking are not likely going to happen. From past ebay sales (not asking prices) I doubt my whole collection is worth much more than 700 dollars or so. The uncashed Belmont is probably worth 300-500, not sure of the program. The Seattle Slew ones are not worth anywhere near that - likely not even 150-200 for the three. (A similarly framed set of the the Slew ones signed by the owners and jockey sold for $350 a couple of months ago)

Somehow I can't think the AP ones will be worth much - everybody kept them. And, at least for me, these computer tickets don't have the same feeling as the old style tote tickets.
Your little winning streak

Last edited by banacek; 01-26-2016 at 07:33 PM.
banacek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.