Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Climate Change
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 07:08 PM   #712
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
You are postulating climate deniers "with a bit of science background can read scientific papers and determine if the conclusions are worth buying"

True if their political preconceptions do not interfere with objectivity. Notice how often I am accused of being a "lying liberal" for posting scientific articles and papers.

I have been one of the few supporting the scientific consensus on the dozen or so threads we have had on off topic since 2003.

In fact I would say the crazy conspiracy theories on off topic started with the AGW threads
o

What exactly they think is going on is a puzzle to me. When I was in the political business I noticed even a lot of hard core right wing people stopped arguing about whether the earth was warning. However, they still wouldn't concede it was anthropogenic activity that caused the warming. Or they would trot out that lame argument that once there was a guy in the 1970's who said the earth was cooling, and we need to make up our minds about whether it was too hot or too cold.

Neither science nor math is as malleable as the anti-global climate change folks would like. And it party loyalty causes them to not see what is going on, I wouldn't know what to do to change that.

All I can say is be happy knowing you're right and they're wrong about the climate changing and quit trying to be the Elmer Gantry of the PA Climate Change thread.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)