Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 05:40 PM   #24
Ray2000
Apple 2GS Wiz

cougara

The top of module1 has the macro 'LoadSingleCard' which gets the filepath/filename that the user wants then does a shell call to the pdf reader to open that file, copy and paste all content into sheet "Program".

The next Macro "GetFactors" does the work of finding the right data numbers for the right race, and putting those numbers into a 10 x 12 array which then gets copied to sheet "Constants" where workbook functions 'take over' to do most number crunching.

A problem you'll have is I have a hodge-podge system of mixing macro execution with sheet functions so certain sheet ranges can't be moved without changing the code that's looking for specific cells. It's poor coding I know but I was doing a quick and dirty method to see if it could be done at all.

For instance, the start row for each race is stored in a cell on sheet 'Constants' instead of using macro variables.

If you need any specific help, post here or PM me.
Bret Harte
Ray2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)