Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 10:49 PM   #19
ZippyChippy423
Veteran

This is a true story that happened to my uncle in the late 80’s at Northampton Three County Fairgrounds Massachusetts. My uncle somehow talked his priest friend to join him for a few races at the fair. The priest was no gambler nor was he suppose to be betting. He was just going with my uncle out of curiousity and check out the fair itself. My uncle decided he was betting one more race and then would leave to go home after the race. He coaxed the priest to just make a 2.00 bet for the heck of it....GOD wouldn’t mind he said.....it’s not going to kill you ...one bet then they leave. The priest he said reluctantly gave in and put 2.00 on a horse to win that was a 15-1 shot. Gates open horse shot out like a cannon ....horse kept opening up ....5 lengths....10 lengths ....the priest is excited and getting into it. At the top of stretch horse maintaining a huge advantage and coming down the lane an absolute lock...until....horse breaks down and was put down right on the track. My uncle said the priest never talked to him again . True Story.
ZippyChippy423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)