Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-19-2002, 09:04 PM   #40
rrbauer
Both-hands Bettor

Meadow's post:

"I was wrong about my guess that the bet was placed from an open machine.

"The bet was legally placed.

"Since the whole story involves rebates shops, wagering hubs, computer entries of bets, and betting teams--none of whom want to be identified--I can't give all details without getting some people in trouble. The gist of it was this:

"The bet was supposed to be for an ordinary, undisclosed amount. The person placing the bet wagered the wrong amount by a factor of plenty. Since some people do place large bets, particularly to show, nobody questioned the bet and it went through. The fact that the toteboard was out of action at Hollywood during this race added to the confusion.

"The bet was placed with less than one minute to go before off time.

"Sorry I can't be more forthcoming, but now that I've heard the actual story from someone who has direct knowledge of what took place, I can assure PA board members that there was no past posting involved. Just a mistake, in which the bettor was extremely lucky."

Nothing stated about how the bet was placed.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)