Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-12-2021, 09:00 AM   #19
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Though I couldn't make it this year, suff sent me some very nice things from Saratoga. Much appreciated!
I'll use story time to tell you why it was probably ok you didn't go.

Airlines are on Tilt. You can't book any flight and assume it's going to go smoothly, if at all.

My flight to Albany was delayed, causing me to miss the Wed. card. People were sleeping 2 nights in Fort Lauderdale airport. I saw people laying everywhere as if Florida had had a hurricane.

My flight back canceled by email, while offering me no options, rebooking in the jet blue app was disabled, 3 hour wait for phone support.

Given your situation, you need a smooth travel experience and it's likely that wouldn't have happened.

2nd story:

I was wallet raped by the Brentwood.

$1997.50 for 4 nights. I come back from the track Thursday .....my room is still dirty. Office is locked, but someone willing to talk to me through the glass.

It went like this:

Sorry no guest are allowed in the office.

Sorry, no in-stay maid service due to Covid!

Me:

What!! Wtf 500 a night you aren't cleaning my room???

Them:
No.

What about towels?

I can hand you clean towels through the window.

Me:
What about a
the bicycles? I wanted to bike around town but I see them covered and chained up?

Them:

No bicycles due to Covid.

Fast forward Saturday morning.

Peter Fornatale is doing his podcast in the office! And his guests says, great to be here I just flew in on the red eye from LA.

Me to myself:. What a mf'n minute! I have to ask for towels through a window like I'm staying at a YMCA and theyre in there for an hour doing a podcast and one of them just got off a plane?

The reasoning they conjured up was illogical so I won't even type it.

I don't believe any hotel had their pools open and it was 85° all week. We got beautiful stunning weather.

In summary. Don't travel unless you absolutely have to.

I'm going back to Saratoga Aug 31 until September 6th for closing week. Given the current environment, I'm going to book an Airbnb at last minute because I'm speculating cancelations might happen this and next week.

On Friday , the festival Tent was empty and the track was packed. I asked and was told a big group from Clifton Park made a deposit, but never paid the balance and didn't show up. I expect more of that.

Last edited by Suff; 08-12-2021 at 09:01 AM.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)