Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-10-2023, 09:33 PM   #24
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
How bad would the Pick-3 player feel if he got double-digit payoffs in the first two races, missed the third...and collected NOTHING?
I think astute players who have a price horse in the pk3, would also play that horse separately if they really liked it. If they are too dumb to do that, they will learn from their pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Plus, when you bet the races individually you get to pick and choose which races you bet on...whereas the "Pickems" lock you in and have you betting on races that you may want nothing to do with.
I agree with that and that's why I don't play vertical bets that include races I don't like.

Tracks today seem to like to mix in more uncertain races in a pk3 sequence such as wide open maiden races or 2yo races to make the payout more attractive which greatly reduces my action. In fact most of the races at Ca and NY seem to consist of young inexperienced horses.

This was not the case 10 years or more ago. Weekend racing was filled with tried and true veteran horses. And the fields were larger. The majority of maidens and 2yo's ran on weekdays. This is my greatest evidence for the argument of a dying sport.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)