Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 02:12 AM   #9
Some_One

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupiefied
So I went to the track did a lot of studying and learned a lot. The first time I went to the track I didn't do any handicapping at all. Most horses I choose came in last. This trip all of my favorites at least came in third.

My mistake was betting a lot of box trifectas and box Exactas. Had I just stuck to betting show on all my favorite I would have won every bet. Sure I wouldn't be making a lot but I wouldn't be losing. The funniest bets for me were the pick three and pick four and pick five. I usually choose my top two horses on each race hit two out of three a lot I think I have a shot at hitting one of those in the next few times at the track.

Plus I bought a nice looking fedora too so I didn't lose everything
Mutli race/horse exotics have the highest takeouts, also think of the variance, in a 8 horse field, there are 336 combos in a tri, 56 in an exactor. Yes show betting isn't sexy, but in reality, show betting favs is probably the highest ROI for a random bet you can have at the track (but still a good 10% negative ROI probably). Keep it simple, try to pick the winner at first.
Some_One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)