Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-30-2016, 02:11 PM   #165
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
So...I come back 8 hours later to find you still haven't answered my question:

Do you understand what I'm asking you for?.....Prove that YOU have a superior system to PaceView, and I mean with examples, not rhetoric.
[/i]
First, I already mentioned the operating expenses of PV. Some people say the data files can be had for cheaper if you get an unlimited plan. OK. They are still considerably behind me, a successful NHC player, when they start. Making up $800 or $1500 (depending who you believe on cost of unlimited PP's) on another handicapper is not easy in a contest. Almost impossible. Especially using a program created by someone who seems to have an 8th grade command of the English language.

Second, what PV does is list data from the Bris PP's. This is the same thing the Bris summary (my method) already does. In Bris summary, the data is already there for you in chronological order of various categories, many of which are not available in PV. Pandy has several systems and books based on the Bris summary which describes various methods to apply for profit using the data from the Bris summary page. My own handicapping software has been doing the same thing as PV since its inception in 2000. Listing E2,Lp, PP,etc. Any programmer can do that. Except my program actually expands on that on that basic data, PV's doesn't, that's why its $35.

Third, and this will answer your question, there actually is no system with PV. Its all over the place. Oh look, he won because highest E1,E2 or best LP. Or look, he won with best "power number". How long have these guys been playing the races? Like 2 days? The trick is to declare what factor will win BEFORE the races. That randomness has never shown to make a profit since dinosaurs ruled the world. I assume the people who posted 100 or so plays are staying with a specific angle applied to PV. My program allows me to database angles and I can tell you there is no mechanical angle that can be used as a black box and make a profit. This is why nobody using PV has been able to tell me how to make money with it. Then they have to acquiesce that it is a tool. Then back to square one as we go round and round as they start hollering again , look I had this or that. Oh really, does that work consistently....

I am an unconventional player. If I was to post 100 plays it would be to show. And it would take a while. Today I prefer my show method over my win method system from 2000. I know my show system will make a profit because I get 15% minimum profit using this method since I developed it 2years ago. I use several categories from the Bris summary to get the contenders. That takes 1 minute. That's it as far as the mechanical systematic approach.Then I only focus on these horses and actually look at their form. Now there are more rules those horses have to pass mainly on form and form cycles that cannot be completely programed, so I have to look. This is why I DL so many forms. Sometimes I cannot find one play from a whole card at one track.

Finally, there is nothing to gain for me by posting picks. Ego satisfaction is NOT my thing. In fact I know it is the most destructive factor to a gamblers ROI. If you want to pay me to put up plays I will, otherwise I get nothing for my time. If I succeeded with a good ROI, the NCG crowd will just shrug it off anyways as 'luck" or be in denial as they are right now about their losing ways. They don't want to see me post winning plays, believe me. They hate me. It's a lose, lose position for me unless I am financially compensated for a useless endeavor.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most