Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 08:20 PM   #15
bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike View Post
Without anything to go on except finishes and previous distances, I'll go with the epicharis (4/1).

I don't think this race has ever been won by a foreign runner and his recorded work on 6/6 @ Bel is nothing to get excited about. But, someone spent a lot of money on him with big expectations (TC nominated).
I'd be careful with backing Epicharis. While Japanese horses tend to be good distance horses, as shown by Lani's good finish in last years Belmont, I just don't see this horse being competitive here. Even if one is not a big fan of speed figures, one must consider that his best figure of 108 on the Timeform ratings is slower than the best of the entire rest of the field. Lookin at Lee ran a 118 in the Derby and Irish War Cry a 119 in the Wood. He would have to show considerable improvement to compete here.

What's also a negative is that he is lame in the right fore and has missed several days of training. Even if the hoof heals missing training before such a long race is problematic.

Of course if he does manage to win, you may hunt me down and shoot me.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)