Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 07:09 PM   #11
bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I've been on this horse the entire Triple Crown...

Today is his day. That's it. No doubt about it. This race defaults to him. A rare Belmont where a stone-dead closer will come from out of it to win...you heard it here first...

My value line:

Lookin At Lee 2/1
Irish War Cry 3/1

And that's it...no other contenders...yawn along with me now...
Lee and War Cry are the top 2 and the winner will depend on the pace. IWC's failure in the Derby can be explained by the fact that he had a bad trip, in the words of Beyer " a wide move into a hot pace". He has rebounded in the past in the Wood after a "poor" Fl. Derby and should do so again provided the Belmont pace is not crazy fast.
Lee, as a stone closer, benefited from the hot Derby pace and will need a hot pace again to repeat that performance. He may get this as the TimeformUS Pace Projector predicts a fast pace. He will also appreciate the distance.

As with many tactical distance races, the result will depend on pace and how the jocks adapt to it.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)