Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 10:49 AM   #409
proximity

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy
You are run by emotions and coughing up stats, today, right now (physically) he's in the bottom rung of QB's and his football smarts are the only thing keeping him afloat. They were talking today, right now, not years ago.
i'm not run by emotions, but something called body of work rather than individual cherry picked games. and although I certainly do think his overall body of work shows he has tremendous "football smarts" it was HIS own ridiculous game plan of attempting to attack the strength of the colts defense (the two excellent cover corners) rather than the middle of the defense and the weak colts linebackers that is most responsible for costing Denver the win.

if we're going to cherry pick random games, his offense at least averaged 21 1/2 first downs a game against the colts. Baltimore only got 15 when we basically toyed with them.

to me though it's an issue of respect. say you have 16 years of winning $1000+ a year at the track and another player (finally) got to within $14 of even last year in his 6th year of handicapping. he might be an up and coming star (?) but I would NEVER talk about that player in the same breath as burnsy when discussing GREAT handicappers. jmo.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)