Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 08:28 PM   #58
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG View Post
Since they started putting dresses on qb's (you can't hit 'em), NBA can take 2-3 steps with ball in hand for no traveling and people pass up lay-ups for 3 pt. shots, and in baseball it is okay to strike out 175 times and bat .220 as long as you hit 20+ homers.

At times I feel like I woke up after 20 years and am trying to figure out what the hell happened to professional sports. Damn, I am sounding like an old man.

Jim

PS: I try not to mix sports with politics and social (in)justice. Wish the athletes did not as well.
Jim, I hear what you saying about pro sports today and I'm feeling like an old man too.

But I want to say this. I gave up on the NBA a long time ago for the reasons you gave. But the other night I saw most of the 4th quarter of the Celtic-Raptor game and both overtimes. Both teams were playing as hard as John Havlichek in his prime. There were great passes and total sell out by the players to win that game.

People may say I'm over-selling it but you can find out for yourself. Game 7 of the series starts in about 40 minutes on TNT.

And Stuball, hang in there. It doesn't get better - but it does get more tolerable.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)