Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Gotham
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 09:58 PM   #44
RXB

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXB
I agree, I think the track was a bit faster for those last three races; maybe .6 of a second for the Gotham compared to earlier routes. But doing some quick and dirty calcs, that still puts Hansen at something probably around a 103 Beyer.
Prelim Beyer is listed at 95. So they're claiming that the track sped up by 11 Beyer points (1.2 seconds at 8.5f) between the Top Flight and the Gotham. Specifically, from the other numbers it looks like they're saying it sped up by several points immediately between the 6th and 7th races and then another few points just before the Tom Fool and Gotham. Then reversed and slowed again by several points for the last race.

Write me down as "skeptical." I don't make dirt or poly figs anymore and perhaps overestimated the route variant by a length or two when I analyzed quickly, but on second blush I would estimate it at 100. 95 is too low.
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)