Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 06:54 PM   #86
steveb

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I'm not sure I'm buying this.

I know the big figure makers catch many of the larger timing errors when a time makes no sense and/or it's a major stake, but there are WAY too many races to get them all. Some of the mistakes are only 1/5 or 2/5.

If there is someone out there that has more accurate times at his home track, he has some kind of advantage. Once everyone has figures based off those more accurate times, he will lose it.
i am talking syndicates basically and clean data is a must for them.
every race everywhere will be checked for accuracy.

there is one guy in australia that has a public face on sky racing channel, but he also provides cleaned data for every track that has pari mutuel betting, to various groups.
and there is a zillion of them(tracks) and yes, they time them ALL.
it is, after all, a business, and he employs a good few people.
just because you don't think something can happen, does not mean it doesn't.
i was part of one mob, that had no less than 40 odd people based in manila doing every race, every where(various countries).
all trained to do it exactly the same.
not just checking times, but every conceivable thing that happened during the race.
i would be positive, some people somewhere, are doing the same for your tracks in the states.

i had been in that world for a long time, but even the jurisdictions that i would have done for my self, the same applied, except it was done in house.
and one of the biggest errors frequently encountered was that the time was actually correct, but the distances were a long way out.

so your little bloke might have the accurate times that average joe doesn't have, but it's not average joe that he needs to overcome.
steveb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)