Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 05:01 PM   #6
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
The more the merrier who take this view I say!

Of course with the whales betting so much not sure it matters, but hey ever little bit counts.
I understand that, GMB, but I live my life around "personal best". What others are doing or not doing has no bearing on my goals for myself.

I just did a 10 mile hike which I could not finish, as I have a chronic and rather severe arthritic condition. I could have compared myself to all the other people who finished the hike. Instead, I got home and made a careful analysis, got my expectations in line with my actual abilities, and learned a whole lot about myself. (i.e. I often bite off more than I can chew because my mind wants to go where the rest of me can't. LOL)

I made it 5.2 miles and that was very good for me, since some of it was uphill and that is where I got the severe upper leg pain, which made it almost impossible for me to take a step. My first instinct was to feel like a loser... then I just moved forward and enjoyed the feeling of accomplishment and decided to analyze what I could do better/different next time.

Regret and self recrimination never works well for me.

Sure, there are whales and others winning more than me. I'm just trying to improve my OWN game.

Last edited by clicknow; 06-26-2018 at 05:05 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement