Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 10:19 PM   #6
Robert Fischer
clean money

They benefited from covering up BIG TIME.
Huge +

The punishment was turned out to be extremely minimal considering the losses that proper conduct would have incurred (assuming that punishments were immediately handed out at that time, and assuming that fans weren't in denial, and that sponsorships were in fact lost/severed during the heyday).

It shows that a revenue vehicle like PSU College Football is more important than the rules, even when the broken rules and conduct were egregious.

If you take it for "face value" it makes the system look disgusting, and it makes the backers look like sad sheep that fall for anything that media broadcast tells them.

But if you look at it with an understanding of the system, it should be about what you expected. I already know that rules are not absolute, especially with corporate interests, governments, or banks. I shouldn't feel ill-will toward the public - they are simply humans. And the school and the sponsors are simply moving with the flow of the system. This isn't a charity (i mean an actual charity, or a 'figurative' charity, not the stuff we call charity).

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 01-12-2015 at 10:27 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)