Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Windows updates
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 08:34 AM   #7
headhawg
crusty old guy

Thanks for the responses guys. I will probably download and install the updates today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I heard there is a new way to get updates for W7?
M$ just packaged things differently. Once per month they do a rollup which includes all the updates in a 200+MB install. Only in dire circumstances will M$ release something between rollup releases. You still get them the same way through Windows Updates, unless you want to use the Windows catalog method but that's not really the normal way to do it.

If you have trouble with the Win7 updates just post here. When M$ was pushing Win10 I had some problems with the W7 update installation. You may have to download the latest version of the installer to get updates to work.

Make sure to update things like Java and Flash if you don't have them on auto updates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Any other suggestions for key programs to get in on the ground floor?
Paid or free? CCleaner Free probably, although I hate the inclusion of the Chrome install if you're not paying attention. Media Player Classic. 7-Zip. Most of the things I use are pay versions: Bitdefender and Sandboxie to name two.

Good luck with the updates Tom.
headhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement