Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-16-2022, 03:29 PM   #21
Zman179
Registered Wacko

My biggest degenerate story happened on a particular Sunday. We had been betting all day and we were about even. At 5 PM all of the NY OTB’s were closing for the day, but we were starving for action. The closest place to bet on horses was in an OTB in Center City Philadelphia. So we hopped in my friend’s old 1976 Dodge Coronet station wagon which got about seven blocks to the gallon and headed down to Philly. When we got there the only track that was running was the nighttime card at Pocono Downs. So all three of us started betting…and all three of us were promptly slaughtered.

The card ended and now we had to head back to New York in the gas guzzling Coronet which, seriously speaking, got about seven miles to the gallon. It had about a quarter tank left and between the three of us we have no credit cards, nothing in our bank accounts and $20 in cash. Three grown ass men with no jobs and only $20, the definition of degeneracy. We immediately realized that $20 will not be enough to get us to The Bronx. Either we save the toll money, but we won’t have enough gas to make it to the GW Bridge, or we put everything in the gas tank, but have to take US-1 up and not have the bridge toll. We chose the latter as being stuck on the side of the road with toll money was pointless.

We filled up the tank and made it to the George Washington Bridge with 1/8th of a tank left. Now we had to beg our way across the bridge. They sent us to the toll supervisor who was being a hard ass and didn’t want to let us go, at which point one of my friends starts cussing her out. Mind you I’m no longer worrying about getting past the bridge, now I’m worrying about the Port Authority cops coming and paying us a visit! Anyway to finally get rid of us, she writes the driver a bill for the toll and lets us go. We run out of gas just as the car gets to my friends house (the driver) we push it into a parking spot then my friend and I sneak on the train to head home.
Zman179 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)