Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-14-2022, 12:07 PM   #42
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
There has been some discussion in some other places I frequent about that Trakus number being grossly inaccurate. He was 2 wide on the entire first turn and moved between 4, 3, and 2 paths on the second turn. Obviously not the rail, but he never got parked out the way several other horses did.

Out in Southern California, we have a lot of experience with Trakus screwing things up- their timing system is a joke. The folks in Florida I know say the same thing. Watching replays >>> looking at Trakus numbers, if ground loss is a thing you care about.
I love Trakus, but they sometimes get ground loss wrong.

Thorograph has him as 3w and 3w, but they round up.

I had him between 2-3 wide 1st turn and similar to you 2nd turn.

IMO the main thing with ground loss is energy use and position. IMO his early ground loss wasn’t particularly significant. He was WAY back where he normally settles and was not being used. Some of the others were also off the insane pace but wider and closer to it. They were being used to keep position. Others saved more ground but were closer to the pace.

On the 2nd turn when he was doing his running he lost some ground but he came inside other horses that wider and/or swinging way out.

IMO was a great ride and as good a ground trip as you are going to get breaking from post 21 and coming from that far behind with that pace. IMO you sure didn’t want to be 4-5 wide first turn anywhere close or even mid pack chasing that insanity.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)