Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-11-2022, 06:37 PM   #17
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by porchy44 View Post
Other than the 1 race Derby sample at Churchill . I bet Turfway Park (owned by Churchill Downs), regularly last winter. Over a much larger sample of races, I think Sonny Leon was 6% Jockey there. Sonny Leon and Joe Talamo was underperforming so much I had to toss them before the race. Then two days later at Mahoning I would bet him. He didn't do well at Turfway. He is an outstanding Jockey in Ohio. But I can name 15 Jockeys who had a better meet at Turfway in Kentucky.

If he can beat the Ortiz brothers and Rosario in another leg of the Triple Crown, I'll start giving him extra "props".
I believe this. He's also apparently a careless rider- he's gotten suspended (and indeed, was on suspension on Derby day and only got to ride because the Derby was a "designated race").

But even a C-list rider can deliver a great ride in a particular situation. (Inded, that's kind of a theme of the "Terrific Rides" thread on this website.) Leon may make a lot of mistakes, but in the biggest moment of his life, he was perfect.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement