Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion III
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 07:18 PM   #8183
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
The voice of Christopher Hitchens has been silenced...while the vile Roman Catholic Church remains in a position of power and influence. What a farce our world is...and always has been.

With all due respect, thaskalos, I think you're giving the Catholic Church way too much credit. IMO, the flock has been leaving the Catholic Church in droves for many, many years now.

The Church uses the sex scandals of recent decades as the reason for attendance at mass and money contributions dropping. That's their default answer. I don't downplay that but Catholics have been fed up with Rome and their local Bishops on many issues. And now, we have someone like Pope Francis who is accelerating this.

Sorry for being OT so I'll end this by saying that Christopher Hitchens was the most intelligent and most clear thinking person on culture, politics, etc., I've ever followed. He was even responsible for me reading P.G. Wodehouse, fwit.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)