Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 08:44 PM   #26
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
I'm a strong believer in table talk which in this case was legal since even though there were 3 people the banter couldn't influence the $67.00 guy.

I should have engaged him conversation and found a way to let him know I might have bigger spades as well. I'm convinced he never even considered that.

Believe me. Even though I knew I was well ahead I wanted him to fold. I was happy winning what was already out there with a hand I couldn't improve.

IMO his call was VERY STUPID but not that surprising at this level of play.

Again, not crying, I'm a big boy.

Reminds me of the reason why I'm not really cut out to play poker for big $$$'s.

I have a tough time reconciling doing everything correctly and still losing quite often just because of the math.
Not sure if you remember me, but you were kind enough to get me complimentary passes for each day on my 4-day visit to Hollywood Park in late 2013. I needed this trip to add Hollywood Park to my visit list, as they closed for good just a few weeks later. Somewhere on an old laptop I have a nice picture of you in the booth calling a race. Back then Texas Holdem was completely off my radar.

As to doing the math, I have to confess that despite my current level of success, I need more off-the-table study.

Best wishes in your poker journey!
Track Collector is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)