Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 01:10 PM   #92
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
The title of this thread thread implies whales are unable to get money into Oaklawn's pools.

Here's a link to an article that appeared at The Paulick Report back in 2013...

I, Robot: The Future of Horse Race Wagering?:
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/r...race-wagering/

Quote:
"Flesh and Blood"
Not every track is comfortable allowing CRW teams into their pools. Oaklawn Park has shunned computer-assisted bettors for years, arguing that they win often enough to discourage other gamblers.
If I recall correctly, at the time the article was written, Oaklawn was blocking its signal (or refusing to accept wagers) from two of the better known rebate houses: RGS and Elite.

However, Oaklawn does give its signal out to (and accepts wagers from) many other ADWs that have rebate programs. Twinspires, Xpressbet, and Premier Turf Club come to mind.

That means if I am a whale who makes batch wagers using CRW and I have an account at (say) Elite and I wanted to get money into Oaklawn's pools, even though it might be a pain in the ass or mean I have to jump through hoops:

I could open an account (in my name or the name of a beard) at a rebate house that does have a contract with Oaklawn --

And instead of CRW -- I could create my own custom wagering interface and use text file upload.

By the way, if you create your own custom wagering interface, text file upload is probably the closest thing to CRW -- and it is available to EVERYONE -- even the $2.00 bettor.

Playing by text file upload, I might have to hit the submit button a few seconds earlier than I would if I were playing by CRW. But other than that the net effect would be about the same.

I would be a whale getting decent rebates and betting all the money I want into Oaklawn's pools.

I submit to you the idea that if you think Oaklawn's pools are somehow protected -- think again.

-jp

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)