Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 01:07 PM   #91
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I think Saratoga (and the Derby/BC) are more attractive because the largest sophisticated betters are not raising their own bets enough to offset the huge influx of tourist and casual money. However, that does mean it will remain that way indefinitely.

Field size correlates to price, but that doesn't necessarily mean there are more overlays. My data suggests it's a little easier to find value in larger fields because hopeless longshots still tend to be overbet a little. The more of them the merrier. But I'd still way rather compete with the folks that bet 5 mule races at Fernadale.
Don't want to sound like a geezer but I think things have changed in the past 10 years at the SPA - whether it's computers or just smarter bettors. Seems like 12-1s used to be 20-1s, and 5-1s used to be 8-1s. Then there's the issue of the super trainers that stir the pot and add to the confusion.

Where has all the stupid money gone?
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)