Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Tournaments
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 03:01 PM   #57
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro View Post
I'm in Kentucky and have played in different forms of tourneys at Churchill and Keeneland for close to 30 years. Churchill used to do them on Wednesdays and Sundays iirc, included a buffet lunch, DRF and access to box level. The prize pool for 1st place was at least $500 guaranteed (depended on the # of entries). Cost was $20 ($2 Win/Place format) if you had were a TSC member. They stopped doing it, not because of cost, but because people just stopped playing in them.

Keeneland still does theirs, Wednesday's only and no buffet, just the DRF but the cost is $10 (same w/p format). Like most other top tier tracks that have gotten more into the live money ones with larger entry fees recently.

NYRA had a daily "showdown" contest that recently ended with the conclusion of the Belmont meet. NO COST with grand prize a drawn entry into some Saratoga live money contest the first weekend in August. Daily winners got 50K points ($50 equivalent) into their NYRABets account. This included people who tied for 1st.....which I was fortunate to do one day. Not sure if Saratoga will be doing the same.

These are just ones off the top of my head, they are out there, sorry they all can't be at your front door.
Oh...okay. Then I should sell my house and move to Kentucky or New York if I want to play these regular tournaments. Or...I could bet with HorseTourneys from home. I'll think about it...and see which option is better for me.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.