Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 02:41 AM   #98
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

The Rumors are True

You must have "inside" info.

I made my return to the felt at the Charles Town Races tonight. My poker log shows my last game was almost 4 months ago.

I raced off to a quick start, and I was up about $60 after just the first three hands. I stayed around that level for a while, and then the following hand:

I was dealt AA and raised $20 pre-flop and had two callers. The flop comes 9 7 K rainbow and I lead out $25. The player behind me raises to $50, and the other player then goes All In with about $125. I decide to get out of the way, and the remaining player goes All In. Both have 9 7 hole cards and end up chopping the pot, but another pair (that doesn't give them a full house) did not come later, so I would not have won had I matched the All In.

After treading water at around breakeven for a while I end up Rivering a third Ace but lose to a Rivered Full House. Turns out I was behind the whole way anyway as the lady had flopped a set of 10's. This knocked my starting bankroll of $272 down to about $140. I slowly chipped it back up to almost breakeven with trip K's, then got some value with a full house to be up about $100.

The lady who had rivered the full house against me was on a downward spiral, and had changed seats. After going in a number of times All In and not being called by anyone, I called one of her All Ins for $52 with pocket Q's, thinking it was probably about a coin flip. Before the flop we both flipped our cards and I unfortunately learned that instead of a 50/50 coin flip I was an 80/20 underdog to her pocket K's, which ended holding up.

Overall a fun night, and a winning one too at $54.

I ran into Charm City Whizz, who was there while his lady friend was playing at an adjacent table. Not sure how much he played, so perhaps he will report in. He did show me a screen shot captured on his phone with a recent bowling series. Not sure if it was a league match or just a bunch of folks bowling together, but his games were 278-280-278 for a fantastic 836 series!!!! I recall him saying too that he had the first 9 strikes in the last game before leaving a solid 8-pin on the first ball in the 10th frame. GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENT ROB! (I'm a little jealous, as I have never had an 800 series, and I'm significantly past my physical prime where I might still have the opportunity and ability to do so.). The lesson here is to avoid participating in pot games with Charm City Whizz!
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)