Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-17-2024, 06:14 AM   #36
Topcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga View Post
Let me say that .90 roi with Cramer speed is quite good in this day and age....

Its ROI for Rank 1 is .85 for 2023

thx
It's my wife's birthday and in the morning I have to start travelling for work and will be out of the loop for a few weeks. So I'm tempted to take the easy way out and just say, well maybe I'm wrong.

The point of my post was that the data ,which both comes from Equibase is not that much different. It’s the programs output and weighting and yes I do believe at least 3 of those programs that I am familiar with on HDW are far superior because of what they do.

BTW: I would say I'm impressed in today's current very small fields that you can get .85 on a single factor. Field size has dropped a lot even in the last ten years.

I was looking at summary results in Excel. My data is admittedly dated, lots of it before 2018 , definitely not "this day and age" , and by way of asking it for a 1 point gap advantage, it is already filtering out ties and I remember very few maiden races and I think I may have eliminated any who failed to meet pars.

I'm pretty good with Excel, Access and some other relational databases but I can only see smart on a clear day, and it is often far away. Lol

So my secret weapon with data analytics is my adult son and his software wizards that can code, dissect reverse engineer files etc.

Currenly he, and his business partners run their own software business , Surf Node, that helps buyers/traders arbitrage Solana crypto, and their clients are making million dollar bets (my word “bets” not theirs) so while they helped me in the past with some programming and data analysis request right now they are a pretty busy to help even for dear old Dad . They started recommending buying Sol back in $8 to $12 range after that FTX fraud and Solana just hit $180.

So see if I was smart I would have been buying Sol at the bottom.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom