Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 02:43 PM   #47
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
Another big stumbling block is the unanswered question of whether or not racing fans and more importantly non-racing fans would embrace such a change. Hard to get someone to invest big money in a concept that may or may not work. Personally I can't see a change in US gambling habits based on the HK model.
I commend Highnote for raising this topic, if for no other reason than to offer a suggestion and a means to perhaps take the N.A. game to a level that could even surpass the HK model.

There are many facets to the HK racing model which can be immediately applied to the N.A. racing. Drug restriction being just one.

Thinking that a successful model won’t work in another location is totally counterproductive in my estimation. If initiated properly through cooperation among ALL interested parties not only would local racing fans appreciate it (as much as they do in HK). When the current non-fans realize how the game has changed as far as its integrity and transparency goes, I believe that in and of itself will lure new players to the betting pools.

I say it’s not as difficult as you might imagine getting investors to believe in something that has already proven itself to work extremely well: Not for a month, not for year, but yes for decades!
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most