Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 03:56 PM   #11
1st time lasix

To me money management means having the diciplne to stay "within" your bankroll. Doing so will allow you to be a little less emotional and avoid tap outs. Lets assume you take $1200 to the venue and handicap two or three cards. Three cards is my own personal choice because I pass several races that do not have enough entries in the fields, I do not have a strong enough feel for the race or the claiming level is below my personal "Mason -Dixon" line. No plays. I believe ....you should invest 3-6% of that bankroll on any particular race where you have a solid handicapping opinion that differs from the crowd. That is an average of $54 per race using this example. Could be less.... but never more than $72 or 6% You can choose the win pool or the exacts/trifecta pool if you are investing "vertically" in that race alone. That decision of what pool or mix of tickets comes from experience and the strength of your "overlay opinion. I won't let a key horse that I think will likely win go off at more than 3-1 without some head money. You can use hedges or savers if you prefer...... but you must play for the upside. You need to leverage your opinion for the bigger score to cover the other races where your key horse didn't fire or you lost a photo with your overlay. That is why I prefer exotics at the lower takeout tracks.
1st time lasix is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)