Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 08:03 AM   #1
nobeyerspls

General Money Management Discussion

Lots of stuff on here about handicapping but not much about money management. In my long experience with this I have become a very good handicapper but am only now getting better with wagering strategies. This game is a two-step dance and getting one right doesn't help as they are equally important. In the past my greatest handicapping achievements have often underscored my worst money management failures.
So forget about handicapping methods for awhile. Whether you are a pace handicapper, angle player, number cruncher, or someone who relies on class your method will help you find a horse (or horses). What do you do with it? How many of you simply make large straight bets? What kind of exotics work for you and how do you play them? What percentage of races do you skip? Uniform wagering amounts or the occasional plunge? Assuming you all keep very good records, how much can you pull out of the tracks over a year?
Among a small circle of acquaintances at my simulcast facilty, the style of wagering differs widely. I'm guessing that's true here.
nobeyerspls is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement