Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-30-2020, 12:48 PM   #16
MJC922

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Yep that was him, and thanks for jogging my Mel Logan memory.

Finger Lakes would get so crowded they needed parking attendants to direct you to your spot. Got to know them as well.

After I left Rochester I would stay at the "Beautiful Trenholm East Inn" as Ross Morton would call it, whenever I needed my Finger Lakes fix.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hollyw...ce/5654156480/
Nice, I never did stay there but always wondered what it was like. Just up the road from there DiPacific's was at the corner of 332 & 96, many went there for a nice steak after a winning day. I remember the Dari-An snack bar next door to that. I know they had a chocolate and vanilla swirl soft-serv cone which was on the road sign for years, but they had a vanilla-orange swirl too, which was a favorite of mine as a kid, it tasted like a creamsicle. My mom would stop there on the way home and buy me a cone, even if we lost money that day it made the ride back to Rochester worth looking forward to.

How about Ross Morton's replay show? Don Bowman the DRF trackman standing next to him in the winners circle discussing recent past races and upcoming ones. Half the time the show wouldn't air on time or not at all, it was on the cable access channel in Rochester. The ads for DiJunes Liquor, the rumors of Ross pulling a bottle out of his mouth just in time to say they're off! lol I always suspected he was paid by the bottle for those DiJunes ads. DiJunes got trashed in the riots a few months back.

Last edited by MJC922; 10-30-2020 at 01:03 PM.
MJC922 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most