Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 04:54 PM   #2
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Forgive me if this has been threaded before.

Has anyone pushed the idea of creating 5% less takeout if you bet on track? With on track handle being ballpark 10% of total handle at ABC RACETRACK (could be more, could be less) and most racetracks getting just the signal fee, doesn't it make sense to offer 5% less takeout if you are on track?

Of course, that will reduce profit for the existing money that is being bet on track regardless but with aggressive marketing, the new on track money that was being bet with a foreign (not the track's ADW) ADW (and only making the signal fee) will create huge profitable gains for the racetrack involved. (go from 3-7% per dollar wagered as profit to 15% to 25% per dollar wagered minus the bonus given).

I know Delaware tried it but maybe they weren't the right market for it. Maybe NYRA can do it or Stronach with 1 or more of his tracks?

Thoughts?
NY OTB's do the opposite. They reduce payoffs by 5% from track prices.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most