Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-19-2018, 08:44 AM   #60
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty359 View Post
I admit, I try different prgms ime to time. I'm going o start using one software prgm for 30 days and see how I do. I guess at sometime we need o commit to one thing for awhile and one thing only.
IMO, one of the most important things is to find software that you want to work with because it meets your needs and does what you want it to do. Obviously this means trying out different programs to find one that feels right. And then as you said, you have to commit to that one program. Learn to work it to its full capability, and that will probably take longer than 30 days depending on the complexity of the software. Commitment is probably the most important thing which is the reason that users need to find a program that is a good fit for them, so that the time committed doesn't feel like drudgery.

Many handicappers don't want to make the effort -- they want a black box program that will spit out out 40% winners (or more!) @ 4-1 or better at a click of a button. And they want it for 3 easy payments of $19.95. Sorry but that is just not going to happen.

Good luck lefty. I hope that you find something that works for you.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most