Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 04:19 PM   #46
LottaKash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cratos
I am not here to argue your beliefs or disbeliefs; enough of that rhetoric goes on in the other forums on this website.

However, a Google search should give you websites for weather.

The horse’s weight is more problematic, but it can be calculated and I think the poster, Magister Ludi have previously addressed that issue.

The poster, “Traynor” requested a collaborative effort to design software for pace analysis in horseracing.

My contribution is to assist in building the algorithms.
Cratos, with all due respect, I am not trying to argue, but more, I am trying to learn in more detail of what you have accomplished, that's all...

The horses "weight" IS still very problematic to me all the same... I must have missed the part about that when ML explained it at one time or another...

I used to take care of racehorses, and from my own observations, a horses weight wasn't much of a concern to most horsemen unless there seemed to be a health or conditioning concern...So, how does the average Joe get to know about a horse's weight before and after a race? I ask this because it is part and parcel of your very own algorithms, that's all...

As for the weather part, I know that is a very tricky thing to accurately discern...Still, I know from my own observations and experiences thru the years, that the track(s) on many days do change to one degree or another, either all day, or in certain time segments of the day...I believe this, as I have learned to do my own 4-quarter pace analysis in that regard, and have somewhat proven what I have always wanted to prove... I have found my own way a little better since viewing the changes on a quarterly basis rather than an overall time protocol. For me this is much easier in Harness Racing , because of the mostly constant 1-mile distances that the Standardbreds run on a steady and ongoing basis...The symmetry (4-quarters) of the 1-mile races makes this a lot easier to discern on what days and what parts of the race that there seems to be a distinct advantage or disadvantage to any give class or horse or depending on a horses preferred winning-running style... And I have gotten better (without computer aid, sadly) in discerning when and where these distinctions may have occurred...These days my guessing at such things has lessened, and I am getting better at utilizing these long sought after answers of variants, golden rails, and such... I do make notes on weather (temp and humidity), infield flag waves...at least on more extreme days, and extreme changes..

I am a bit jealous of your work, you could say, as sincerely, I believe that you can do what you say you can do...

About variants, and bias' and such, I just think you have another name for them...

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most