Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Alton Sterling
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 10:31 AM   #31
delayjf

Quote:
Almost wonder if there isn't more hidden by the front of the vehicle going on here unless this cop was losing his mind. This is as much as an execution.
A previous poster mentioned S.Louisiana and racism. I worked for years in and around SE Louisiana. Times have changed maybe, but it wasn't only racism it was anybody that was disrespectful to a law officer. Suspects shot and tossed in nearby bayous. Suspects found dead alongside highways behind wheel of their cars, and scores of open-ended cases where people were found shot dead and never solved.
I don't believe much of this exist there anymore, but I'm sure the emotions linger that trigger it. Imo, one of two things happened here. Either the cop was out of his mind, or the suspect had a gun in his hand. Nothing else makes any sense. Even if it were only 1 or 2 seconds, the cop had ample time between reaching back to his holster pulling out his gun and shooting to say he simply made a terrible mistake.
In the 1980s, I believe NO was at one time the murder capital of the US. The city had lowered the standards for becoming a Police Officer - and it worked out horribly. Cops were corrupt and involved with drug dealing and murder. I believe two cops were sentenced to death for their involvement.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)