Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 04:24 PM   #46
rwwupl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrbauer
This kind of argument escapes me. Why would you want to be a California loyalist when all they do is make fun of you, belittle you and snicker while they take your money? Why would you give them ANY money in ANY pool. What kind of COURAGE is that? If this issue is not enought to get HANA to become more activist and more confrontational then HANA should just packup its bags and call it quits. The time to stop being "nice" with owners' groups and racetrack owners was 2 years ago when HANA started.

And, if the people in charge at HANA think that I'm out of line, kindly delete my name from the members list.
rrbauer,

Note at the top it is a suggestion.

It would make the point that raising the takeout does not increase business, and customers shy away. Complete "Boycotts" do not work. Can you cite anywhere that a horse racing boycott has forced the regulators,racing managers or state legislators to reverse themselves?

I am personally against empty threats,breaking arms and thug tactics, as I am sure you are too.

Telling people to just stop betting is like telling a fat person that he can solve his problem if he would just stop eating,true but impractable.We are all gamblers,enjoy it, and some are Californians, who do not want to hurt the industry or State, just make it better.

We are looking for a proper solution,that does not cost an arm or a leg, to show the racing managers that they are heading in the wrong direction and we need a consensus of opinion if anything is to be effective. Bomb throwing may do more harm to HANA and California racing than good. What do you mean by "Activists and Confrontational"? I do not think that is the Goal. There are enough problems now.

We are grown ups and Horse players and all of us have been beat up many times, and most of us know how to turn the page. When we get beat up we make a new plan...here we are.

This is a time to bring on ideas, and thrash them around to see if they are practical or just rhetoric and we are counting on senior members such as yourself to contribute. If you have something to say ,please be specific and offer what you have in mind.

Lets not disparage the ideas of others, lets just forward a better idea, and see what has traction. A reasonable and doable solution will appear with your and others help. In California, we have until the Santa Anita meet to decide.

Thanks,

rwwupl

Last edited by rwwupl; 09-02-2010 at 04:32 PM.
rwwupl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)