Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 08:16 AM   #14
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolish Pleasure
Yes by cramming it up the rear end of your offtrack patron or 80%+ of your business-good job. Happens to be the 80% that are subsidizing the 20% that bother to show up in the first place but good work,

maybe next they can introduce penny bets so it takes 500 live patrons worth of bets to pay a teller's hourly wage.

Creating more inequity in the betting does NOT attract new people to the game with a brain. Think some lawyer or doctor not within 100miles of DEL PARK is going to be interested in betting on something where showing up to the track means better odds?

This is a great thing for the live Delaware patron with a clue,
oh right I forgot that concept has long flown the coop,
and for the guy who has a big enough operation to pay for a runner to live in Christiana the next few months.

For everyone else they get to bet against these people at a disadvantage with a strong chance that this will be nothing more than future evidence that takeout cuts don't work. It is obvious as hell anything short of a dramatic wholesale cut in the entire industry is going to amount to future evidence that cuts don't work.

I hate being the rain everytime, I just don't understand why this stuff is so simply obvious to me an uneducated idiotic, moron but not to the rocket scientists and brain surgeons around.

WHat is the problem? STAND UP FOR YOURSELVES, THIS IS BULLSHIT ACTING LIKE HOBOS WHERE ANY POSSIBLE CRUMB OF SALVATION GARNERS A STANDING OVATION.
So someone finally CUTS TAKEOUT by a substantial amount and you're whining and moaning? Unbelievable. So they only did it on track to start---if it works there, don't you think they might say, "Gee, we cut takeout on track and people here bet a lot more on exactas...maybe the same thing would happen if we cut the takeout for everyone?" Someone is actually TRYING for once and showing they have a clue, and it SHOULD be applauded and supported. That's how we get more tracks to do it.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement