Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-04-2020, 01:25 PM   #40
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
You are responding to a completely disingenuous post. He and Mr. Buff are about equally likely to win today and that's pretty obvious to everyone.

Just more BS regarding Tacitus.
Andy,

My Buff is a very nice horse.

He's a way above average statebred stakes horse. But no one would confuse him with high level Grade 1 horse at this point. The reason he has a chance against Tacitus is that this a Grade 2 event and because Tacitus is not a legitimate Grade 1 horse at this stage either.

Get it?

That's the point of contention.

The Tacitus fans (and I was one early on) keep making him out to be a very good Grade 1 horse who has just had some bad luck. The problem is that he hasn't developed much and still hasn't broken out to the Grade 1 level. At some point you have to look at reality. He was precocious at 3 winning the Wood, had a few tough trips, but so far he's still not a Grade 1 horse. He just gets bet and hyped like one by some people. That's why he's been such a big money burner (taking some of my money with him early on).

It's not too late for him to break out. Today may be the day. But if he loses this Grade 2, he's simply not the horse people were hoping he could become a year ago. That's all. And if you were honest with yourself you'd admit that rather than arguing with reality because you like the horse.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 07-04-2020 at 01:38 PM.
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most