Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 04:28 PM   #311
SharpCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman
Blame did indeed bull his way through, which amounted to more trouble than Z encountered. From my vantage point, she enjoyed a nearly pristene in-to-out trip.

I would have to disagree. I have watched the replay several times and have to say the key to the race was the far turn. I have actually have the race paused right now as the leaders hit the far turn. Blame is 7th at this point inside of Looking at Lucky with nothing absolutely nothing in front of him. Zenyatta is dead last at this point with 3 horses in front of her. As the leaders hit the 3/8th's pole Blame is still running freely as Etched and Looking at Luck pull to the outside to make there run. Zenyatta is still last in behind 3 horses and has not been able to make a run. Blame is able to run freely from the 3/8th's pole till the 1/4 pole when he has to split Etched and Looking at Lucky. Zenyatta finally gets a little room at the 1/4 pole has to shift out 5 paths and finally has daylight with 1-1/2 furlongs to go. Zenyatta ran very hard the last furlong but just could not quite catch Blame.

The best horse does not always win the race and this was the case here. Hard for Zenyatta to overcome the dream trip of Blame while she has to wait and wait some more to finally be able to run. No doubt in my mind Zenyatta is the better of the 2.
SharpCat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)