Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 03:10 PM   #307
WinterTriangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
As far as "getting tough" with her before the race
If a horse is not used to whipping, I wouldn't suggest that tactic in a big race, as it could very easily have had untoward results, just like an equipment change or any other major change might.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
All of them really loved this horse...and it showed.
Yet, there are many who believe they don't deserve any respect, and who even appear to despise them.

So much for the "value" of l-o-v-e (and stewardship over the animals we were supposedly given) nowadays in our value system of money-grubbing, ego, etc.

I was having a philosophical conversation about timing and position and greed and such, before the BC races with a friend. The next day, we witness the Life At Ten incident. He wrote: "It seems that LAT was not right before the race and they run her anyway. The horse just has to be in the race at all costs and the day had to be today, could not have scratched and waited for another day. Timing and position. Where are they now? How about express some interest for the horse?"

I save my disrespect for where it is most warranted.
WinterTriangle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)