Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 11:30 PM   #2
guckers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handiman
Looking for some input. I'm working on designing the database. What I want out of the database is to be able to check setups and see what kind of results different ones would produce. Since I am not a database guru I'm sort of befuddled.

It seems to me that every time you want to check a certain setup the entire base of races have to be run using that particular set of numbers. new setup to test then entire base of races have to be run again. Is there an easier way?

Handi
Deciding how you are going to build your database is a lot easier if you have a general idea of what you want to achieve and or test for performance. Spend more time designing than building as changes to your database further in to the development cycles will kill your motivation and make it more difficult to use (measure twice cut once mentality).

Here is a place to start.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entity-relationship_model
guckers is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most