Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-01-2022, 09:02 PM   #31
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
I've read through the entire Lancet Study cited in the US News and World Report article.

On the lower right-hand corner of page 2 and continuing on to the upper left-hand corner of page 3 in in the (full) PDF version of the study available here, I found the following:

Quote:
Data synthesis
The primary outcome was the incidence of myopericarditis after any vaccination; secondary outcomes included the incidence of myocarditis, pericarditis, and mortality after any vaccination. Given the heterogeneity in reporting of individual cases of myopericarditis and pericarditis, we define in our review myopericarditis as an umbrella term describing myocarditis, pericarditis, or cases with features of both myocarditis and pericarditis, as reported in the databases or defined within the individual studies. Among studies that reported on myocarditis and pericarditis individually, we pooled the incidence rates of both conditions accordingly.
Ok. So the authors of the study used Myopericarditis as an umbrella term describing myocarditis, pericarditis, or cases with features of both myocarditis and pericarditis.

Had I seen this a few hours ago I would have worded my previous post differently.

That said, I still think the (myopericarditis) link by US New and World Report to a second article that doesn't even mention the word Myopericarditis and the wording of the US News and World Report headline (Heart Inflammation Very Rare After COVID Vaccination) is misleading.

Imo, a writer being paid to write for US News and World Report should have, at the very least, read the full text of the study cited in the article like I did.

Again, thank you for reading,

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 07-01-2022 at 09:07 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)