Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 09:25 AM   #913
ccmd00d

GM All,

Playing around in the program this morning and wondering if someone could clarify this simple example. From a previous post on methodology specifically Fib method

Quote:
The raw displayed factor numbers are only used to get rank. That's it. In your example, the horse with top class gets Factor points 100. 100% of the 100 points. Then the 2nd ranked horse for class gets 100 X 0.62 = 62 points for class. The 3rd ranked horse gets 100 X 0.38 = 38 points for class. The 4th ranked horse gets 100 X 0.24 = 24 points.

And that happens with every factor that is assigned point values in your setups. Then the horse's factor points they receive are added together to get their total points. Which then turns into a fair odds line.
So using this i built an analyst with a single factor for testing (DS) and set that to 100. Now taking was is said above, I would have expected to see horses with the top 4 rank DS be assigned 100-62-38-24. Instead i see 4 horses get ranked with 200-100-100-100. Can someone explain this to me?

https://imgur.com/a/jn0Dd

Also any NYRA circuit trackers here? My mini project over the winter is going to be back test last year's Saratoga meet using the great HandiSearch tool. Would love to chat with some experienced folks to maybe pick your brain a bit.

Thanks again all!
ccmd00d is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)