Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 07:46 PM   #11
Zman179
Registered Wacko

Well, NMT, I'm in the same boat as you. I got fed up and had it up to here (hand currently horizontal over my head) and essentially gave up on racing.

Right now, I wager on average $20 per week on weekends; however, I still go to the track once in a while. For example, my friend and I might decide to pass up on Aqueduct and make the 1:15 drive to Philadelphia Park. I'll print up the Bris pp's online, plop 75 clams into my TwinSpires account, and bet Philadelphia Park on the phone. No need to deal with potentially surly tellers, no need to purchase any overpriced DRF's at Philly which still charges a 50 cent to 75 cent surcharge on the papers even though they're swimming in slots profits, no need to rise out of my seat in order to make a bet, no need to tip a teller when I score, in fact there is no need to pay for anything except food. And I do this at almost every track that I go to, you might want to try the same thing. I could give two sh*ts if the horsemen and tracks only get a fraction of the money than with an on-track wager, they should be happy that they're getting my little bit of money (which, by the way, used to be $500 to $1000 per week.) I'll never bet that kind of money on the races ever again; their greed simply disgusted me to the point that my action no longer registers a blip on the radar.

In the meantime, I still go on this board (and one other) every day and often have zero gumption to make a bet like today. Though Sunday I weakened and wagered a grand total of $2 at Northlands...turned it into $11. Woohoo!

Last edited by Zman179; 12-23-2008 at 07:51 PM.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)